Saturday, August 1, 2009

Welcome to Mimi's Crazy Days

This is my first time at blogging. I’m getting on line with the help of my daughter who has had great success with her blog “I Like It Frantic“.

So just a little about me. I have been married to a wonderful man for almost 33 years. I have two daughter and four grandchildren. I have worked in the field of diagnostic imaging for 40 years. I have a true love for radiology and I have had the privilege of learning the new modalities as they have come along. I started in x-ray, but my journey has taken me to nuclear medicine, mammography, CT, ultrasound, quality management and management. I am currently working as a PET/CT technologist at a facility in Washington,DC. My role brings great satisfaction working with cancer patients and helping them through their journey.

We have a second home in Tarboro, NC and will retire there eventually, depending on the economy. Our plan had been to retire this year, but unfortunately, the downward spiral of real estate and the economy has taken its total.

So that is a little about me and my family. I am excited about continuing with this blog as my professional field requires a lot of computer work so I am looking forward to learning more about blogging.

2 comments:

  1. I heard of your blog from your daughter.. What fun to have you both blogging. I would love for my mom to blog even if it is just on a private blog for family.. Trust me she has a lot to say.
    Your job sounds really rewarding. My mom who is a cancer patient had "endured" many different kinds of scans and tests. Its great when someone who geniunely cares and likes their job is taking the test.. Makes the patients more comfortable.
    Your grandkids sound like so much fun!! Enjoy!!

    Have fun blogging, get ready to make lots of blogging "friends" I usually refer to them in the real world as my Blogging Buddies.
    Enjoy!! Beware, I will be back to see what you have been up to and hear more fun stories of your life with your hubby, daughters, and grandkiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just figured out how to see the comment. Holly told me I had one but I couldn't find it.
    Please tell your mom I will be thinking about her. I find music works well for my patients.
    If she doesn't have an IPOD tell her to get one and load it with her favorite music. Also some of those calming CD's. My patient love a CD that I have "Unchained Melodies" by Robin Spielberg. It is all piano but the tracks include
    Soon It's Gonna Rain
    Moonlight in Vermont
    Moon River
    Try to Rememeber
    Speak Softly (Love Theme From"The Godfather")
    Vincent (Starry Starry Night)
    Hello, Young Lovers
    Unchained Melody
    Smoke Gets in Your Eyes
    My Funny Valentine
    They Were You
    If You Really Knew Me
    Anywhere I Wander
    I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face

    It really helps your mind wander.
    Do come back again and tell me more about your family too.

    ReplyDelete